CIU HWH Endowed Scholarship*
The CIU HWH Endowed Scholarship shall consist of the following elements and/or requirements:
1. A full four year scholarship awarded to an incoming freshman (traditional or non-traditional) seeking an undergraduate degree in one of following accredited departments within SEMO:
a) the Department of Engineering and Technology,
b) the Department of Nursing, and/or
c) the Department of Psychology and Counseling.
If the Departments listed above are renamed but continue offering the same types of major and/or degree offerings, those renamed Departments shall remain eligible to award the CIU HWH Endowed Scholarships.
2. The scholarship may provide funds for tuition, on campus room and board, class fees, parking passes, and books. The total amount that can be awarded shall be limited to the earnings of the CIU HWH Endowed Scholarship fund for each academic year as determined in accordance with the applicable investment and spending policies of the SEMO Foundation.
3. The applicant’s academic record indicates he/she has the ability to succeed and complete the degree program sought.
4. The student/applicant is enrolled in the necessary course load to be a full-time student for each academic period the student receives or is awarded CIU HWH Endowed Scholarship funds.
5. The applicant has demonstrated financial need in accordance with the policies and procedures of Student Financial Services at SEMO for the CIU HWH Endowed Scholarship.
6. The applicant can only be eligible four years of CIU HWH Endowed Scholarship funds.
7. Before issuing or awarding CIU HWH Endowed Scholarship funds, SEMO shall be required to annually review each scholarship recipient to confirm:
a) the recipient continues to meet the requirements for the CIU HWH Endowed Scholarship as set forth in this document,
b) the recipient is making acceptable progress toward achieving a degree in the major within the required Department(s),
c) the recipient is maintaining an overall GPA in each grading period of at least 2.0,
d) the applicable SEMO Department within which the recipient is seeking a degree has maintained its accreditation (e.g., with ABET, ATMAE, or as otherwise applicable), and
e) the recipient has not been disciplined for conduct in violation of the Student Code of Conduct by SEMO.
8. Applicants for the CIU HWH Endowed Scholarship must meet the following eligibility qualifications:
a) applicants must have been a member, permittee, officer, or employee of the Craftsman Independent Union or the CIU HWH Trust Fund, or be a person who is directly related to any former member, permittee of the Craftsman Independent Union. For the purposes of this endowed scholarship, ‘directly related’ shall mean a person who is closely related by blood, legal adoption or marriage, as grandparents, parents, children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren, great-great grandchildren, uncles, aunts and first or second cousins; or
b) was an employee (or is a child or grandchild of said employee) of the Midtown Family Medical Clinic (the ‘Clinic’) employed prior to October 13, 2011, the date the CIU HWH Trust Fund sold the Clinic to an unrelated third party.